What’s The Difference? Comparing Australia’s 187 & 186 Visas

The 187 RSMS (Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme) and 186 ENS (Employer Nomination Scheme) permanent residency visas have a lot in common. But these are still two different types of visas, and I think that a lot of prospective applicants are confused about which one of these visas is appropriate for them.

In this post, I will highlight the key differences between the 187 and 186 visas.

One thing that I’d like to point out is that like the 186 visa and despite its name, the 187 visa is an employer sponsored permanent residency visa.

Working in a regional area of Australia

You can only apply for the 187 RSMS visa if your nominated position is located in regional Australia. Your sponsoring employer must also be actively operating its business in this regional area. Regional areas are basically areas that are outside the major metropolitan centres of Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sydney, Newcastle, Wollongong and Melbourne.

The postcodes of the areas that are classified as regional are listed here. Note that the whole of South Australia, Western Australia, Australian Capital Territory, Tasmania and the Northern Territory are classified as regional areas (including the relevant capital cities of these states and territories such as Adelaide and Perth). In the final section of this post, you’ll find a detailed outline of what needs to be met in relation to working in a regional area.

In contrast, you can apply for a 186 ENS visa irrespective of where your nominated position is located in Australia, including regional areas.

Applying for 187 RSMS visa under the Temporary Residence Transition (‘TRT’) stream

You may be able to apply under this stream if you currently hold a 457 visa and the employer that is currently sponsoring you for your 457 visa is also going to sponsor you for permanent residency.

The eligibility requirements are almost identical to those that need to be satisfied for 186 ENS applications made under the TRT stream. I have outlined the requirements in this post about the 186 ENS visa. I’m not going to outline the eligibility requirements in great detail since they are covered in my earlier post, but I will summarise the requirements:

1. You’re a primary 457 visa holder and you’ve worked full-time for at least 2 years (out of the last 3 years) in the role that you’re approved to work in under your current 457 visa (work in similar roles may be allow and may count towards the 2 years. See 186 ENS visa for further information)
  2. You’re nominated role for your 187 RSMS visa application must be a full-time position. The position must be made available to you for at least 2 years. The terms and conditions of employment can’t contain any conditions that would preclude the possibility of you extending your employment beyond the initial 2 years
  3. The terms and conditions of employment are no less favourable than the terms and conditions that is or would be provided to an Australian citizen or permanent resident that is working in the same role and location as the nominated position. This requirement is covered in greater detail in my post in relation to the ‘market rate’ requirement
  4. Your nominating employer has met the ‘training requirement’ that it needed to meet when their Standard Business Sponsorship was approved

Unlike a 187 RSMS application that is made under the Direct Entry stream, a 187 RSMS nomination application made under the TRT stream does not need to be certified by a regional certifying body (see below in relation to certification by regional certifying bodies).

What’s the advantage of applying under the 187 RSMS TRT stream?

If you’re a 457 visa holder and you’re looking to apply under the TRT stream after completing 2 years of employment in a regional area, then both the 187 and 186 visa options may be available to you.

The only real difference and advantage of applying for the 187 RSMS visa is that DIAC gives RSMS applications priority processing over ENS applications. DIAC may be able to finalise your application quicker if you go down the RSMS pathway but other than that, I don’t see any other advantages or major differences.

There is an advantage for your sponsoring employer because they do not have to pay a nomination lodgement fee for the 187 RSMS nomination application (the lodgement fee for the 186 ENS nomination application is currently $520).

Applying for 187 RSMS visa under the Direct Entry (‘DE’) stream

• Your nominated occupation must align with an ANZSCO from major groups 1, 2 or 3. You can search for various ANZSCOs through the ABS website. This differs from applications made under the 186 ENS Direct Entry stream where your nominated occupation can be any occupation listed on the Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List
  •  The nomination application needs to be certified by the Regional Certifying body
  • In a nomination application made under the RSMS DE stream, the skill level specified for the nominated role must be at least be equal to the skill level specified for the relevant ANZSCO occupation. This does sound a bit complicated but the following example should illustrate this requirement: if your nominated role aligns with the ANZSCO of Mechanical Engineering Technician, the ‘Indicative Skill Level’ for this occupation is either: AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma or at least 3 years of relevant work experience. So you need to hold at least the required level of formal qualification or have at least 3 years of relevant work experience
  • Your nominating employer does not need to meet the ‘training benchmark’ requirement
  • Your sponsoring employer will need to show that the ‘market rate’ requirement is met

Skills assessment requirement for RSMS Direct Entry stream

The one major advantage of the 187 RSMS DE stream is that for those that are nominated into ANZSCO major 1 or 2 occupations, or a non-trade ANZSCO major group 3 occupation, you won’t need to complete a skills assessment. You still need to have either the required level of formal qualification or relevant work experience that is specified in the ‘Indicative Skill Level’ for the ANZSCO that your occupation aligns with.

So you may be able to apply for permanent residency before you complete 2 years of employment under a 457 visa, and without having to complete a skills assessment. You can also be exempted from having to do a skills assessment if your guaranteed annual salary is at least $180,001, or if you’ve worked for the employer that will sponsor you for at least 2 years as a Subclass 444 or 461 visa holder (New Zealand citizens and relatives of New Zealand citizens).

If your nominated ANZSCO is a trade occupation (from ANZSCO major group 3), then you need to have either a relevant Australian trade qualification or obtain a positive skills assessment for your occupation from VETASSESS or Trades Recognition Australia. This legislative instrument lists all the trade occupations for which you will need to complete a skills assessment or have a relevant Australian trade qualification.

Summary of when 187 RSMS visa may be right for you

If you’re working (or will be working) in a regional area and:

• If you’ve worked full-time for 2 years as a 457 visa holder and you want to apply under the TRT stream. Applying for a 187 RSMS visa will give you priority processing over 186 ENS visa applications
  • Your occupation aligns with an ANZSCO from major groups 1 or 2, or a non-trade occupation from major group 3. You may be able to apply for a 187 RSMS visa without having to obtain a positive skills assessment
  • Your employer can’t meet the ‘training benchmark’ requirement. This requirement does not apply for RSMS Direct Entry stream applications
  • Your occupation is not in Schedule 1 or 2 but is in ANZSCO major groups 1, 2 or 3. Hypothetical example: Your employer or prospective employer wants you to work in a regional area of Australia, but they can’t sponsor you for a 457 or 186 visa because your occupation doesn’t fall into an ANZSCO that is on Schedule 1 or 2. However, your occupation aligns with an ANZSCO that is from major groups 1, 2 or 3. You may be able to apply directly for permanent residency under the RSMS Direct Entry stream

Your role must be in a regional area

Your nominating employer needs to operate their business in the regional area (although the employer doesn’t need to only operate their business in this area, or have their registered head office in the regional area). As the nominee, you don’t have to live in the regional area. You can travel to the regional area for work purposes. However, you can’t perform your role remotely. You need to be physically in the regional area to perform your role. For instance, if you’re an IT programmer and you’ve been offered a role in Perth, you can’t perform this role remotely from Melbourne and be eligible to be nominated for this role under the RSMS pathway.

If your role requires you to work in several locations, each of these location must be located within a regional area. Occasionally travelling to non-regional areas for meetings, presentations, training etc. is allowed. But if you need to regularly work outside of regional areas, then the nomination application won’t be approved under the RSMS pathway.

In terms of identifying a regional area for the nomination application, the relevant location is where the majority of your tasks and duties are carried out.

Professional Assistance

Need assistance with an Australian migration law matter? Please contact me if you require professional assistance.

See the feedback that we have received from our clients.

314 thoughts on “What’s The Difference? Comparing Australia’s 187 & 186 Visas

1. SEAN

DEAR PENG,
    first of all thank you for answering all these difficult questions. you have been doing such a great job..
    my question is if its alright to ask:-
    i have applied my RSMS VISA in april 2013. and i got my approval on 21 december 2015.
    and the business which sponsored me was sold and settled after 3 days which was on 24 december 2015.
    my old employer transferred my contract to the new employer with the same salary package,same position and same duties and its located at the same location with same business name but different ABN.
    can i continue my work at the same place?
    Because i am working there since 2013 do i still have to stay with them or i can leave?
    do i need to notify DIBP?
    Can DIBP take any action against me as since the situation was out of my control and i made a genuine effort…
    your reply will be appreciated..
    regards
    seans

2. anil

Hi Peng.

I recently got my protection visa refused with a section 48 bar. I have cert iii and iv in hospitality on the basis of skill assessment. Am I eligible for 186 or 187 or any other visa offshore or onshore. Please help me.

3. Riska

I am currently in Perth with Working and Holiday Visa and have been working casual as graphic designer. My employer wants to sponsor me, and I think I am eligible to apply 186 or 187. As I have been working as graphic designer for 7 years in Singapore and my occupation is in CSOL. May I ask which visa that will have a better chance for me to get approved, as I think I am eligible for both? Thanks

4. ann

My agent told me they have applied 187 visa for me, how can i check my visa processing time? is there a system i can use to check it online? what reference number i will need? thanks a lot

Hi Ann,
      Your agent can check using the Immiaccount used the lodge the visa application, or you can call the Department for an update.

5. PRIYANKA

hii
    i just need to ask to you one thing that i have done certificate 3 in cookery and as well as diploma in hospitality management. and now i have to apply for RSMS visa as a cook. Do i need certificate 4 still or can i apply with certificate 3 and diploma.

6. PMT

Hi there,
    I came under 457 granted on 30 Aug 2013. Then got a new 457 granted on 29 May 2014 as a different company ‘took over’ my visa. (Don’t know the right term). So my queries are as follows.
    – When can I apply for 187/186 and
    – What is the difference between both as I’m told with 186 I’ll have to pay the employer. Which one would help me get PR sooner as I’m told I need to do a Vet Asses first while someone else told me I don’t need to do it.

Clarification and enlightenment would be greatly appreciated

7. Christine le

As visa 187 say that a person will be sponsor when working fll time in regional area. Could i aply for this visa if I want open my business and sponsor myself? I am oversea student in Sydney now.

Many thankx
    Christine,

8. Flo

you’re doing a great job here with all the answers of the questions!!!
    I’ve got a quite simple one for you too, but I just can’t find a definite answer online.
    I am on a work and holiday visa and I’m working already since march as a beekeeper assistant for a company on kangaroo island, SA. I’ve never done beekeeping before but i’m very passionate about it and learn quick. They’re having real issues finding someone local because of the lack of interest in the industry and also the remoteness, although they need to find indeed someone soon, because the work is just getting too much for one person. My boss is extremely satisfied with my work as well as my learning process. Since roughly half a year I am making research about visas and I thought a 187 one is like made for our case. For some reason I can’t reflect anymore, I was always assuming that one doesn’t need qualifications, certificates or work experience if a company nominates and sponsors you. But after my last research session I’m not as confident anymore.
    My question I’ve got is:
    All sorts of visas which enable you to work full time or at least casually but above 30hours, so I’m not talking about student visas or similiar,… is there any visa existing at all where you don’t need to have work experience, degrees, qualifications, certificates, etc., or do you need to have as a potential immigrant and visa applicant ALWAYS need to have some “education”?
    For example in case of the sponsorship scheme visas, would I have got a chance at all without those sorts of prove that I’m “educated”?

I would highly appreciate your help with this question!
    Thanks a lot in advance!

Flo

Hi Flo,
      Employer sponsored visas will require the applicant to show that he or she has the relevant qualification or work experience to work in the nominated role.
      Sorry but we would need to complete an assessment before we can advise before we can advise in relation to your visa options – please see contact us page and information in relation to our consultation service.

9. Jason

Wow I’m amazed how you have been replying all these questions from 2012, we need people like you and this isn’t just a flattery.

Anyways, I want to know how people can find an employer to get RSMS visa as Direct Entry.

Do they need to apply EOI to find an employ who needs employee in a particular job?

Or do they need to work for an employer and then get the RSMS Visa, just like the 457 visa?

Or do they need to pay (bribe) an agency that will find an employer for the employee?

10. Kamal

I would like to ask you a quick question in regard with my RSMS direct entry. I have applied for RCB on 3/11/2015 in Perth for restaurant manager . What is the average processing time for RCB? Should I lodge nomination and visa before RCB approval or wait for RCB and then lodge ??

Hi Kamal,
      Their website is indicating processing time of around 50 working days.
      Sorry we don’t know enough about your circumstances to advise in relation to when you should lodge your application.

11. leonardo

I just would like to comment on your post since I noticed a couple of things are not correct.

First, once my employer lodged the nomination for my 186 (I live in Perth), no fee was asked to be paid.

Second, and most important, you said there is not much difference between 186 and 187. There is actually a huge difference. As we all know, the 457 sponsor, in many cases is given to immigrants not to profit from their skills and experiences, but simply to take advantage of them, get them to work many unpaid extra hours and often in not acceptable conditions. Well, here is the good news for all those slaved by employers in a 457. If you apply for a 187, once it will be granted, you are still stuck with your employer for a while. If you apply for a 186, once it’s granted, you can leave the workplace. Of course this visa is not meant to be used for this purpose, but I just believe it’s not fair taking advantage of honest people trying to get here to build a new life. The 186 is therefore the shorter path to the freedom!!

12. Smitha Aravindakshan

I Got Sponsered By A Child Care Company For 187 Visa. My Problem Is I Did Not Get Ielts Score 6 In reading. So We Applied For Tourist Visa Since My Other Student Visa Was Expiring. I Luckily Got My Tourist Visa 600 Approved With No “No Futher Stay” Imposed. I Got Time Till November 30th 2015. If I Dont Get Ielts 6 Each Before That I Will Have To Go Back To My Country And Lodge 187 Visa From There. Is There Any Other Option I Can Do Without Ielts. Can I Pay A Svac Of 8000 Aud $ If I Dont Acheieve Ielts.

Smitha

Hi Smitha,
      SVAC is only for primary applicants that satisfy one of the English language exemptions and don’t have functional English – see above post.

Hi Regina,
      You need to satisfy the English requirement for the visa that you are applying for. You can’t pay to be exempted from English as the primary applicant.

13. Jamie Morris

Hello Peng,

I am a UK resident and have been offered sponsorship on the 187 visa as an estimator. This is an anzco level 2 occupation. I have 3 construction qualifications, the highest (HNC in building surveying) I believe is equivalent to an Australian diploma which I gained in England.

I don’t have one year of experience as requested for a skills assessment but have a diploma. Can I still be sponsored without a skills assessment from vettassess. Can I just get my qualifications assessed or get a positive skills assessment without the one year post qualification employment?

Hi Jamie,
      You don’t need a skill assessment if you are nominated as: 312114 Construction Estimator – see above post.

14. Michael

Dear Peng,

I’ve been working under 457 subclass visa as a technical manager for about 7 months now, sharing professional expertise rare to Australia. Looking at long term prospect, I am keen to apply for a 186/187 employer sponsored visa, but understand I have to wait for another 17 months before my employer can. By that time one of my children is above 18.

To save some time (and costs) I could apply for a 189 subclass visa, costs roughly around AUD 10k for the full family. Further challenge is that I have a bachelor degree obtained in The Netherlands, so not part of one of the accords Australia recognises. But I do carry more than 20 years of professional experience valuable to the country.

What is best to do? Wait it out or apply before my daughter turns 18? What about my Dutch degree?

Michael.

Hi Michael,
      Sorry but we would need to complete an assessment before we can advise in relation to your visa options – please see contact us page and information in relation to our consultation service.

15. Lia

Can you please tell me if you can leave your Employer after the 187 is granted, if wanting to move state, or for a better job/salary. I know people do that sometimes after getting the 186 and before the 2 years is completed, but is 187 different?

Lia

16. Aiden

I have question for apply 187visa (RSMS).

According to ANZSCO, Chefs and Cooks are classified by qualification.

Chef is who have qualification Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2).
    Cook is who have qualification AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3).

In my case, I have Certificate 3 in commercial cookery and Diploma of hospitality by Holmes Institute.

If I am nominated as chef by sponsor, am I eligible for apply 187 visa ?

or Do I must have Certificate 4 of commercial cookery?

Hi Aiden,
      You may be able to apply on the basis of your diploma.

17. Maria

My employer is willing is investigating on sponsoring me under Subclass 187 Direct Entry but has asked how much the RCB in WA is investigating once we’ve applied? Do they actually check out the online advertised role on the website and do some cross checking, do they physically do an “internal investigation” once they received the application? What is standard practice for the RCB to approve the application? Reason being they say that there will be no change in the role as there is no intention to remove me from the role and it does not make sense to them. Also who need to sign off on the Declaration, HR or my immediate Boss. Thank you.

Sorry I don’t have this information about their internal processes.
      HR, an appropriate manager or the owner can sign the letter of support.

18. Deepti

Hi Peng . My brother has 5 years experience as a cook in australia. he has recently got 6 bands in each module . He is 28 years old . He has got skill assessment done As a cook . Can he apply for GSM independent category skilled visa . I am just worried because on the SOL there is only chef category . Please reply . Thanks

Hi Deepti,
      Only occupations on the SOL are eligible for the 189 visa – cook is not on that list but chef is.

19. LiZ B

I am looking forward to move to Australia permanently with my family. I and my husband are Registered Nurses in New Zealand. Do we have to take IELTS or one of us has to take and the other can be a dependent on visa application? We hold Indian passports. What are our possible options? Looking forward to your reply. Thanks

20. Alan

My visa 457 will expired 12/September/2015. On that day I will have 2 years working for my current employer. The employer is willing to sponsor me visa 187 under temporary transitional stream.

1. Can my employer lodge the nomination before the day my visa 457 expired ( let’s say 11/September/2015) and I apply visa 187 on the same day (11/September) or I have to wait 12/September/2015)

2. ? Can I get granted bridging visa A on that day as well otherwise I will stay unlawfully in Australia ?

1. You need to complete the 2 full years of work before you can lodge the TRT stream applications.
      2. Bridging visa is usually granted on the day that you lodge a valid 187 visa application.

1. Alan

Thank you Peng.

Do I allow to work until 12/September because that is the final day I will full till my two years on 457 or I have to leave before that day ( 11/September ) and apply offshore ?

Alan
        Alan

You can remain in Australia while you have a valid visa.
          You can lodge your 186 visa application once you have completed 2 years of full-time work as a 457 visa holder – I haven’t tried to lodge an application on the final day that the visa expires.

21. jamie

Hi iam an electrician from england and i have been put on a 457 visa because i dont have my trade recognized here in oz. i have paid for a 187 visa and recently got my RSMS approved how and what is the quickest way to get my qualifications recognized her. thanks

22. Harry

Hi Peng I found this site is very helpful everyone for the initial concerns. My question is I have Diploma of community welfare and cert Iv and Diploma in business. I have been working in a organisation as disability support worker for last 20 months. I have a job offer in Regionl area as fitness Centre manger and they are willing to provide me 187 visa however I consulted with lawyer and he said I have diploma in business so I can apply 187. Would that work to apply 187 visa in that situation. Thank you

Hi Harry,
      A diploma in business may be sufficient to satisfy the qualification requirement.
      Sorry but we would need to complete an assessment before we can advise in relation to your visa options – please see contact us page.

23. Garry

I have lodged my 187 nomination and visa application on 9 june 2015. Its already 2 & half months but I am still in waiting. How long more would you think they will take to give me the decision? Thanks

24. chirag amin

Hi there,
    I have a question my sponsor runs wholsale and distribution business he wants to sponsor me for a customer service manager position i wanna know if this position could be approved for RSMS application

25. anna

i got commericial cookery C3 and diploma of hospitality, after the recently changing of MRT about 2 years working experience. in my case, do i still need 2 years experience to satisfy the requirement of 187?
    Anna

Hi Anna,
      You need 2 years of experience if you have a Cert III. You don’t need this evidence if you have a relevant Cert IV.

26. Jeanette Lee

I have received RCB approval for 187. Do I need to have skills assessment for direct entry application for my nominated occupation as a dental technician? I’m not getting paid higher than income tax rate and not a holder of 444 and 461 visa. I’m a confused. Would appreciate your explanation. Thanks in advance.

Hi Jeanette,
      A skill assessment for your nominated occupation is generally not required unless your nominated occupation is one of these listed trade occupations (dental technician is not on this list): https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CC0QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.comlaw.gov.au%2FDetails%2FF2012L01949%2Ff67df3d4-1e6e-45de-86b7-5802c55297d2&ei=5CpnUpndPMaTiAfN9IDYAQ&usg=AFQjCNEeK_mBvWw8k59hWXHZIy_gbgAyEg&sig2=anQpep4s7kV4xKYEvHLUZA&bvm=bv.55123115,d.aGc

27. Vikram

Hi mate
    I have applied for 187 with approved rcb . How long it takes to get the decision
    Thanks in advance

28. sam singh

Hi peng hope you are doing great. I have a question regarding 187 visa. I have done business managment and advance diploma of managment. Am i eligible to apply 187 rsms visa for office manager job without having any job experience with the new rule I got 6 each in ielts.

Hi Sam,
      Your qualifications should be sufficient to satisfy the qualification requirement if the nominated occupation is 512111 Office Manager.

29. Scott

Extremely useful website by the way.

I’m currently on a 457 (would be 2 years in November). I’m looking at applying for a 186 visa after this, my employer is keen to offer me PR, and is happy for me to not be in Australia whilst this is getting approved.

My question is, do I have to be in Australia whilst the visa is in the process of getting approved?

Scott

Hi Scott,
      You can be outside of Australia during processing, and when the Department makes a decision. There is no legal requirement for you to be in Australia.

1. Scott

Thanks for your quick response!

Is there any legal obligation for me to still be ’employed’ or my 457 still valid?

The scenario is, I’m more than likely going to head back to the UK (for personal reasons) until the visa is approved, so technically wouldn’t be employed during the process.

That being said, is there a time limit from visa getting approved to me re-entering Australia to activate the 186 visa?

Thanks again

Scott

I haven’t lodge a 186 visa under these circumstances. I would need to complete an assessment before we can confirm whether you satisfy the requirements for a 186 visa – please see contact us page.

30. Shane

Thank you for the quick reply! Can I ask one last question? Because the role of residential care officer has a ANZSCO code of 411715, this would not be suitable for a RSMS 187 visa? As I am unsure whether to apply for a 186 or 187 visa? Which visa would be appropriate for direct entry? Thank you!

411715 Residential Care Officer is an eligible occupation under both the 187 and 187 visas.

31. Shane Alexander

Hi Peng Cheng.

Thank you so much for providing this website and answering everyone’s questions, you are a fantastic source of information!

I have completed one working holiday already. I will enter Australia on my 2nd working holiday visa in November. When in the country I will hope to apply for the 186 visa direct entry as a residential care officer. However it states that a condition of the 186 visa DE is that ‘the applicant has never or only briefly worked in the Australia labour market’ If I worked in Australia during my first working holiday, would this affect my ENS direct entry visa?
    Would I still be able to apply for this visa?

Thanks in advance, Shane

32. Mann

hi
    i have done diploma of businesss and advanced diploma of management..
    can a taxi company sponsor me as a managerfor 457?
    or can sponsor my self as Taxi Proprietor (149999) ? being owner driver

I don’t think so but we would need to complete an assessment before we can advise in relation to your visa options – please see contact us page.

33. Linda

My application for the RSMS has been refuged. All is good on my side but it was with the employer. What can I do now. If I need to relodge it will cost too much money already. This is quiet stressful. Thanks

Hi Linda,
      The Department’s correspondence would explain that you have the right to appeal.

1. Linda

I have lodge for an MRT as my 187 visa has been refused since End June 2015.

I understand that it would take a year for the decision to be made. But in in beween the waiting time the company closes down. WIll this affect my application? Or will my application will still be condiered at the time it was lodged. That is is ever the company closes down.

Thanks Regards

34. Sandro Machado

Dear Peng Cheng,

My wife needs to proof her english and which band in IELTS she needs for RSMS 187? I will be the main.

Best Regards

Sandro Machado

35. Audrey

The RCB gave us a negative assessment. They advised us that even if they decided it to be negative, the case officer may grant the nomination.
    RCB wrote that the Accountant position is neither on the CSOL nor the State list, which is not true. I asked them to explain that sentence but they just replied in general.
    What would you advise? Should I withdraw the nomination or prepare a supporting letter for them where I explain my views against RCB’s points? Or is it likely that my nomination will not be granted as RCB gave negative assessment?

Audrey

Hi Audrey,
      Sorry but we would need to complete an assessment before we can answer these queries – please see contact us page.

36. Nizamani

hi,

if i am there on 187, how long shall i need to stay in regional area and how long would it take to be eligible for citizenship?

37. Mandy

Hi I have done my diploma and advance diploma in business management and now I have 573 visa and I m over here for last 5 years plz tell me if I want to apply for 187 in regonal area as a retail manager can I will get a success.
    Waiting

Hi Mandy,
      We would need to complete an assessment before we can advise in relation to your visa options – please see contact us page.

38. Linda

Hello

I have my 187 refusal. And now My employer will apply for an MRT. While on an MRT I my still allowed to work and I am on a bridging visa B for the moment. And I am allowed to work for an another employer while waiting for the MRT decision. And can I leave go on holiday to my country?
    Thanks a lot

Hi Linda,
      You can check the conditions on your current bridging visa for your work rights. You may be able to apply for work rights if you don’t have work rights. Again, check the conditions on your current bridging visa to determine if you can work for a new employer.
      You can travel on your BVB while the travel facility is valid.

39. Don

Also, if my brother has a Advanced Diploma in Business Management, would it be enough for for “Retail Manager” Thanks alot!