The business applying for SBS must be an employer that satisfies the following requirements:
- The business is legally established in Australia; and
- The business has actual operations in Australia.
Requirement 1 – Legally Established in Australia
The business can satisfy this by submitting evidence of its business registration details such as Australian Business Number (ABN), Australian Company Number (ACN), Australian Registered Body Number (ARBN) or Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) Code.
Requirement 2 – Actively Operating
The business can submit a variety of documents to demonstrate that it is actively operating. Examples include:
- Lease for the business’ premises
- Contract of sale for the purchase of the business
- Evidence of employment of staff such as contracts, payslips etc.
- Business Activity Statements (BAS)
- Business bank statements
- Evidence of costs incurred by the business such as receipts and invoices
- Evidence of payments by clients to the business for goods or services delivered such as receipts and invoices
- Letter from the business’ accountant confirming active operations
See the feedback that we have received from our clients.