Standard Business Sponsorship (“SBS”) is what a business needs to obtain for in order to sponsor foreign national for the Long-term Subclass 457 visa.
Domestic Business Sponsors
A business must have DIAC approved SBS before it can sponsor foreign national workers under the Subclass 457 visa program. A business can only have one SBS approved at any give time (i.e. one approved SBS per ABN). Once the SBS is approved, it is valid for a period of 3 years. The business can apply to have its SBS period extended.
In a SBS application, the business must demonstrate that it meets the following requirements:
- The business is actively and lawfully operating in Australia
- The business meets the ‘Training Benchmark’ and it makes a commitment that it will continue to satisfy the ‘Training Benchmark’ in the future
- The business needs to attest that it has a strong record or demonstrated commitment to employing local labour and non-discriminatory employment practices (testament made in application form)
- There must be nothing adverse known about the business or a person associated with the business. Adverse information includes the conviction, finding of non-compliance, administrative action, investigation, legal proceedings or insolvency. There is no requirement for sponsorship applicants to provide details of any adverse information about themselves or people associated with them
Overseas Business Sponsorship
For an overseas business to obtain SBS, it needs to satisfy the following requirements:
- The business must be lawfully operating outside of Australia.
- There must be nothing adverse known about the business or a person associated with the business. Adverse information includes the conviction, finding of non-compliance, administrative action, investigation, legal proceedings or insolvency. There is no requirement for sponsorship applicants to provide details of any adverse information about themselves or people associated with them.
- In sponsoring an individual for a 457 visa, the business must have the intention the sponsored individual is coming to Australia to undertake one of the following:
a) Establish, or assist in establishing a business operation in Australia with overseas connections, or
b) Fulfil, or assist in fulfilling, the business’ contractual obligations.
How we can help
Please Contact Us if you require our assistance.
Our Client Testimonials reflect:
- the high quality and highly personalised service that we provide
- the excellence of our work
- our ability to achieve the outcomes that our clients want
- our willingness and ability to go ‘above and beyond’
Whether you need comprehensive assistance with an application, assistance and representation with a review application with the Migration Review Tribunal, Refugee Review Tribunal or Administrative Appeals Tribunal, or just a one off consultation, we will provide you with the advice and service that you require.